What to Bring: Newborn Photos
Newborn photos are all about the newborn but I will also take sibling shots and family shots. I will start with the white background so feel free to wear your whites first.
NOTE: I am happy to photo-shop blemishes at your request, please let me know on the day of the shoot, I will not automatically get rid of blemishes unless you request it, as I have erased moles before accidentally. So unless I know it is a blemish to be erased it will remain in the photo. Tthis goes for everyone in the photo.
Mom and Dad
- White shirt (button or t-shirt) light coloured works as well
- Black shirt (button or t-shirt. Black shirt is important for many of the dramatic baby in hand shots
- Dark blue or brown or Black with white stripes do not disappear into the background and the effect will not be as good as with an ALL black shirt
- Jeans are great
- Pink for moms and daughters
- Blue for dads and sons
- No shoes or socks
Mostly baby will be naked and the only thing that you really need to bring is a blanket with colour but the following are suggestions.
- Special outfit if it means a lot…
- Teddy bears
- Silver spoon
- Your wedding rings
- Blocks that spells their name ( I have 2×2 blocks as well)
- White shirt
- Black shirt (dark shirt is okay)
- Gender specific shirt (pink, blue)
- Jeans, overalls
During the shoot the babies are naked and moved around more than they ever have been and they expend a lot of energy and tend to become hungry frequently. Please bring enough milk and subsequent diapers to keep your little one soothed and happy.
Props that I have
- blankets (brown grey blue white fuzzy)
- baby bed
- large tea cup
- and more…
Photos are significantly more personal if you bring props from your own house but no worries if you don’t know what to bring. I have lots to use or we don’t need to use props at all.